Tips: Underground Conduit Placement 👷
Some of our Race customers require Underground Conduit Placement in order to run fiber-optic to the home. We at Race want to ensure that our customers have the information they need to make this a smooth process and have provided the following specifications to help. The homeowner/developer/contractor is responsible for providing and adhering to the following underground requirements set by Race.
Remember that you can always call us at 877-722-3833 for any assistance.
- RACE needs to submit permit to Pole Owner and permit approved before any of these specifications can be executed.
- Prior to the installation of any conduit, a RACE Communications Field Engineer will need to be scheduled to verify conduit route, pole conduit stub out, and home stub out.
- A RACE Communications Field Engineer will need to be scheduled for conduit inspection before trench fill. Two days advance notice must be provided prior to conduit inspection, with a three day inspection window.
- It is the homeowner / developer / contractor’s responsibility to contact “Call Before You Dig” prior to any excavation.
- It is the homeowner / developer / contractor’s responsibility to contact local building department for any permitting requirements.
- RACE Communications will reserve the right to refuse fiber installation if any of these specifications are not met.
- A scaled print of the project showing the lot layout. To be reviewed with RACE Communications Field Engineer.
- Any conduit run under 250’ will require 3/4 inch Schedule 40 PVC conduit.*
- For any run between 251’ and 400’, it will require a 3/4 inch Schedule 40 PVC conduit with a pull box.*
- Any conduit run over 400’ will require a pull box location.
- All conduits, sweeps, and couplers will be glued with PVC cement.
- Sweeps are to be utilized at any splice location, riser pole, or structure. No Hard 90 degree bends to be used. A maximum of 3 sweeps in conduit run.
- All conduit runs to have ¼” nylon pull rope installed within it. Both ends of rope should be secured to outside of conduit and accessible.
- Conduit at pole location will need to be stubbed up 2’ minimum.
- Conduit at structure location will need to be stubbed up 4’ minimum.
- Conduit install depth on private property is 12 – 18 inches. Please contact local building department for required private property depth based on county specifications.
- *note: you will not be able to run additional wires or cables in the same conduit should you use a 3/4 inch conduit. Underground Conduit Placement Specifications