Do I need to “Gigafy”?
As technology evolves, there’s something to be learned on a daily basis.
Gigabit Internet is the new kid on the block and one of the biggest tech crazes around.
For starters, experts believe Gigabit Internet will change the world we live in. According to Marti Hearst, a professor at UC Berkeley School of Information. In an article, she wrote she points out that we get to a gigabit world, “More interaction will be done with others remotely… We greatly reduce flying around for meetings because virtual conferencing feels real… Your golf lesson could be done with a coach remotely, in real time, while he or she watches your swing at the tee and has you make corrections and adjust your grip.”
Gigabit Internet is the next generation of broadband Internet service which is delivered over fiber optic lines and provides speeds of 1,000Mbps, which is also referred to as “1 Gbps” or “Gigabit” internet. This marks the highest speed of Internet a consumer can get, but only a handful of service providers offer it.
Think of Gigabit as a unit of measurement for digital storage space and speed. It’s a fiber-optic internet connection that offers never-before-seen speeds. That kind of speed equates to being able to download a high-definition movie in about 30 seconds. That’s pretty fast!
Every day, more and more Gigabit communities are popping around the country. From Austin, TX to Kansas City, KS, many different cities have benefited from lightning fast speeds.
But should you get a Gig?
Absolutely! If your household or business dabbles in activities that require more bandwidth, such as online gaming or video conferencing, you will benefit from Gigabit Internet. More speed is also necessary for homes and businesses with multiple people and devices who share bandwidth.
What can you do with Gig?
Just to name a few things:
- That new 4K television, which delivers an ultra-high-definition resolution that displays close to 8 million pixels will look even more amazing. With such extensive technology, 4K is heavy on your bandwidth. Having more megabits will help maintain your connection and create a stronger stream…so no more buffering!
- Want to create a smart home? Home automation is becoming more and more popular. As more wireless devices are created for controlling and automating your environment, your household is going to need more bandwidth. Go ahead and get that wireless security camera or the newest Nest thermostat. Your new gigafied home can easily support these new tech gadgets.
Currently, Race Communications offers fiber optic, Gigabit Internet, Phone, and TV services in communities across the state.
Our services include:
- Race Internet: Make your Internet connection fly–Gigafy. With speeds up to 100 times faster than DSL or cable, Race’s gigabit fiber-to-the-premises makes the Internet feel like it’s right next to you, on your own private network.
- Race Phone: Race offers fiber-based phone service for the highest-quality voice calls. Our unlimited phone lines come with nationwide calling, a full range of call and phone features, and very low international rates. Since our phone service is a traditional landline and not VOIP, it is reliable even in a power outage.
- Race TV: This new, top of the line product is delivered over our company’s fiber-to-the-premises network. The service includes all of the most popular US cable channels and has something for movie buffs and sports enthusiasts alike. Enjoy Superior HD-quality video, a variety of news, sports, and entertainment channels, and the newest in DVR technology and Video OnDemand and offers a comprehensive TV package with close to 300 SD and HD channels.
If you aren’t sure if Gigabit internet is a right for your household, give us a call at 1-877-722-3338 to speak with a member of our Sales team or visit at Race.com.